Most organizations recognize the connection between employees’ physical/mental well-being and their productivity at work. However, only a small minority of those companies have invested in creating a true culture of wellness among leaders and employees. In this Executive Interview, Perry Lieber, Elite Personal Trainer and Innovative Leader in the Corporate Wellness Space, explains why wellness is so important to a happy, productive workplace and gives practical advice on how to encourage it in any company.
Key insights include:
- A brief summary of the health risks most commonly found in the modern office.
- The critical role of managers and leaders in creating a wellness culture.
- A discussion of how organizations can promote wellness through a variety of programs (e.g., onsite classes, company health screenings, incentive plans, etc.).
- How one organization created an on-demand portal to make workout videos accessible to employees wherever they are.
- Three simple tips for improving individual health and productivity.